“The best tool we as lawyers have is to listen to our clients. The only way to help clients achieve their goals is to listen.”
Anne Saghir strives to collaborate with her clients to counsel businesses on relevant laws and procedures in litigation.
A journalism graduate, Anne honed her communications skills during her time as a newspaper reporter. Her drive to communicate effectively has strengthened her ability to advise her clients as a litigator. Personal injury litigation and insurance matters are focus areas for Anne, and she guides businesses through all aspects of litigation and dispute resolution.
Prior to joining Dysart Taylor, Anne worked for well-respected firms in St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, and Madison, Wisconsin. Clients have routinely turned to her for help at trial and during appeals. Anne’s experience includes jury trials and appellate argument in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and the Missouri Court of Appeals.
- Defended and prosecuted civil lawsuits in Missouri state and federal courts.
- Argued case before U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit; argued and briefed two cases in the Missouri Eastern District Court of Appeals.
- Handled all aspects of personal injury litigation including reviewing medical records and police reports, negotiating settlement of claims prior to filing suit, preparing clients for litigation process including discovery, defending plaintiff depositions, identifying experts and obtaining expert reports, deposing witnesses and experts, mediating cases, trial preparation, and trial. First-chaired three jury trials.
- Defended insurance companies in coverage litigation, administrative investigations, and statutory dispute resolution processes.
- Represented insurance companies during claims investigations, including reviewing claims documentation, interviewing third parties, and researching legal issues involved in claims.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Southern Wisconsin, product recovery volunteer; July 2014-Dec. 2014
- Voices for Children, board member of Friends Committee; purpose of organization is to advocate for children in foster care in St. Louis; 2009-2012
- Volunteer judge, high school moot court and mock trial, law school moot court; 2007-2012
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Northwestern University, B.S., Journalism, Political Science, 2001
- Missouri & Kansas SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2011
- St. Louis SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2012