“It really brings you to a different level of practicing law when you can actually step into the shoes of your clients.”
A strong negotiator and litigator with demonstrated success working with both individuals and corporate entities, Bobbie Liu focuses her practice on real estate litigation, as well as business and contract disputes.
Bobbie’s experience with real estate includes the negotiation and drafting of various legal documents and agreements, including those pertaining to real estate purchase/sale agreements, financing, leasing, title review and insurance, zoning and land use, easements and restrictive covenants. She also has deep experience representing creditors on behalf of mortgage, vehicle finance, general consumer lending and debt collection verticals.
Prior to joining the firm, Bobbie served as an associate attorney at a Kansas City-based firm as well as a firm based in Berkeley, California. In those roles, she became highly skilled in handling complex negotiations, legal writing and research, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, trials, and de novo appeals.
In addition, Bobbie owned and operated her own firm, Liu Law Firm, P.C., in Atlanta, where she focused on creditors’ rights and bankruptcy. There, she handled settlement agreements in Georgia state court civil actions and adversary proceedings in Georgia bankruptcy courts.
Bobbie is licensed to practice in Missouri, Kansas, and Georgia, as well as several federal district courts throughout Kansas, Missouri, and Georgia.
- Prepared and filed a winning legal brief on real property issues, including wrongful foreclosure actions and principal agency theories in bankruptcy and district courts.
- As first chair attorney, successfully litigated bench trials on de novo appeals of dispossessory proceedings in appellate courts.
- Developed policies and procedures that reflected changes in mortgage industry’s regulations and developing views.
- Provided strategic input to clients in minimizing liability in debt collection and maximizing recovery in personal and real property disputes.
- Handled settlement agreements on behalf of clients in the mortgage, vehicle finance, general consumer lending, and debt collection industries.
- Asian American Bar Association of Kansas City
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., 2007
- University of Kansas, B.A., Communication Studies, 2001