Leslie A. Boe - Of Counsel
Leslie is licensed to practice in Missouri and Kansas.
Leslie’s practice focuses on construction law including contract preparation, claims (private and government contract), payment bond claims and mechanic's lien claims. She represents a wide variety of clients involved in the construction industry including owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers. Her client-focused representation includes educating her clients about their rights, how to avoid disputes, and how to prepare when disputes are unavoidable.
Leslie’s services include assistance with a variety of corporate matters including entity formations and guidance through certification processes such as becoming a certified WBE or MBE. She also assists clients with business acquisitions and sales. While primarily focused on construction industry, due to personal relationships in the dental industry, Leslie regularly represents buyers and sellers of dental practices.
Leslie has experience in all forms of dispute resolution, both mediation and arbitration, as well bench and jury trials in both State and Federal Courts. Leslie also represents government contractors in bid protests at all levels and jurisdictions- Agency, GAO, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, as well as State and municipal protests; and provides assistance and representation when her government contractor clients need to submit Claims or Requests for Equitable Adjustments.
- Representation of contractors, suppliers, owners and licensed professionals in all aspects of construction litigation from collection matters to complex construction claims including impact, delay and labor inefficiency claims.
- Extensive experience with prosecution and defense of mechanic’s liens and surety bond claims.
- Well versed in construction contracts: drafting, revising and negotiating.
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of Missouri - Kansas City Women's Council
- Board of Directors, 2018-present
- National Association of Women in Construction
- William Jewell College Career Mentor Program
- Commission Member, 2009-present