Thomas E. Roszak - Of Counsel
Tom is licensed to practice in Missouri and Kansas.
Tom’s transactional practice encompasses the areas of corporate law, real estate law, taxation and estate planning. In his corporate practice, he serves as legal counsel and advisor to numerous business owners, advising them on financing requirements, executive compensation, formation of new business entities, general corporate and business matters, business management and the purchase and sale of businesses.
Tom is also active in the intellectual property area, representing several companies and artists on trademark and copyright matters, including the filing and prosecuting of trademark applications and the licensing of trademarks and copyrights.
His real estate experience includes representing clients in matters involving the sale and acquisition of real property, working with lenders and borrowers in connection with the financing of real estate acquisitions, and advising clients on the business, legal and tax implications of alternative forms of real estate ownership.
In his taxation practice, Tom has extensive experience representing clients in federal and state tax matters, including audits, appeals and collection matters.
Tom has also assisted numerous Kansas City area businesses and individuals with their estate planning and business succession needs. He has substantial probate experience, including the administration of guardianship and conservatorship estates for disabled individuals, will contests and will construction matters.
- Handled the sale of a rural cellular telephone system to a publicly traded company.
- Assisted the employees of a division of a large publicly-traded company in the purchase of their division from the company, guiding them for several years as they built it up. Then represented the employees in the subsequent sale to a publicly-traded company.
- Handled more than $100 million in M&A transactions.
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Voluntary Attorney Project
- Provides representation for low income taxpayers in IRS collection matters
- City of Mission Hills, KS
- Board of Zoning Appeals, Chairman
- Black Economic Union
- Board of Trustees
- Visitation Church
- Parish Council, former chairman
- Leawood Country Club
- Former president and director
- Notre Dame Club of Kansas City
- Past president
- “Installment Sales Terminating at Death Versus Private Annuities as Estate Planning Devices,” The Journal of Taxation, July 1983