“I approach each of my clients’ businesses as my own, so I can provide the best possible advice, be it for their business growth, succession planning, or tax and financial issues.”
With 40 years of practice, Tom Roszak draws on his deep expertise to advise business owners, strategically helping them reach their goals. His transactional practice encompasses the areas of corporate law, real estate law, taxation and estate planning.
Tom guides businesses through financing requirements, executive compensation, formation of new business entities, general corporate and business matters, business management and the purchase and sale of businesses. He also represents several companies and artists on trademark and copyright matters, including the filing and prosecuting of trademark applications and the licensing of trademarks and copyrights.
Real estate companies often look to Tom for representation in matters involving the sale and acquisition of property. For example, he recently handled the sale of a rural cellular telephone system to a publicly traded company.
Tom’s experience has led him to handling more than $100 million in mergers and acquisitions transactions. In addition, he has assisted numerous Kansas City-area businesses and individuals with their estate planning and business succession needs. He has substantial probate experience, including the administration of guardianship and conservatorship estates for disabled individuals, will contests and will construction matters.
- Handled the sale of a rural cellular telephone system to a publicly traded company.
- Assisted the employees of a division of a large publicly-traded company in the purchase of their division from the company, guiding them for several years as they built it up. Then represented the employees in the subsequent sale to a publicly-traded company.
- Handled more than $100 million in M&A transactions.
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Voluntary Attorney Project
- Provides representation for low income taxpayers in IRS collection matters
- City of Mission Hills, KS
- Board of Zoning Appeals, Chairman
- Black Economic Union
- Board of Trustees
- Visitation Church
- Parish Council, former chairman
- Leawood Country Club
- Former president and director
- Notre Dame Club of Kansas City
- Past president
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, LL.M. in Taxation, 1982
- Washington University, J.D., 1976
- University of Notre Dame, B.S.E.E., with honors, 1973
- AV® Preeminent™ rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Robert Welch Voluntary Project Award for outstanding contribution to Pro Bono legal services, 2010
SEMINARS / PUBLICATIONS
- “Installment Sales Terminating at Death Versus Private Annuities as Estate Planning Devices,” The Journal of Taxation, July 1983