The firm’s Tax Group attorneys handle a variety of tax issues in Missouri and Kansas as well as regionally and nationally, including corporate and individual income tax (on both the federal and state level), estate and gift tax, sales tax and the taxation of employee benefits. We have represented clients in sales tax matters such as evaluating nexus issues and applying sales and use tax regulations to businesses with multi-state operations.
Business, Corporate and Real Estate
- Formation, acquisition, reorganization, disposition and liquidation of all types of corporations and other business entities
- Formation, operation and dissolution of partnerships and other flow-through entities, such as limited liability companies and S Corporations
- Amnesty and voluntary disclosure programs in multiple states
- Acquisition, sale and ownership of real estate including real estate syndications.
Individual Tax and Compensation
- Compensation planning
- Preparation of individual tax returns
- Taxation of fringe benefits
- Qualified plans
- IRS proceedings, including offers in compromise and collection settlements