“I understand the importance of planning for the future, whether it is for your personal estate, your business, or both. I am comfortable addressing less than desirable topics in a delicate but straightforward and knowledgeable manner with my clients.”
Ashley West is an innovative problem-solver who works closely with businesses and individuals to help them plan for the future. She brings a unique perspective to her practice in estate planning, tax and business law. Prior to joining Dysart Taylor, Ashley worked for a training company in the financial services industry and interned for several large corporations in the financial services and information technology industries, where she supported crucial functions related to contract review and business and estate planning. This background gave her an understanding of the financial industry that enables her to serve her clients effectively and knowledgeably.
Ashley has significant experience in legal research pertaining to tax implications on trusts, probate statutes in Missouri and Kansas, and Missouri business statutes. This helps her formulate strategies that lead to client success. Ashley also guides clients through preparation of estate planning documents including wills, trusts and powers of attorney. Originally an intern at Dysart Taylor, she became experienced at drafting codicils, assignments of partnership interests and promissory notes, and amended trusts. Ashley also files amendments to articles of incorporation and bylaws, as well as other important business documents.
Ashley is admitted to practice in Missouri and is a member of the Missouri Bar. She earned a bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- Conducted legal research pertaining to tax implications on trusts, probate statutes in Missouri and Kansas, and Missouri business statutes.
- Drafted codicils, assignments of partnership interests and promissory notes, amended trusts, and filed amendments to articles of incorporation and bylaws.
- Reviewed and summarized estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney.
- UMKC School of Law – Estates & Trust Law Society – Member
- ABA Negotiation Team
- Kansas City Pet Project – May 2016 – Present
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School – Volunteer – July 2017 – July 2018
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2018
- University of Missouri Kansas City, B.A., 2012
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law – Dean’s List – 2017-2018
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.