“I understand the importance of planning for the future, whether it is for your personal estate, your business, or both. I am comfortable addressing less than desirable topics in a delicate but straightforward and knowledgeable manner with my clients.”
Ashley L. West is an innovative problem-solver who works closely with businesses and individuals to help them plan for the future. She brings a unique perspective to her practice in estate planning, tax and business law.
Prior to joining the firm, Ashley worked for a training company in the financial services industry and interned for several large corporations in the financial services and information technology industries, where she supported crucial functions related to contract review and business and estate planning. This background gave her an understanding of the financial industry that enables her to serve her clients effectively and knowledgeably.
Originally an intern with Dysart Taylor, Ashley gained experience in drafting estate planning documents, assignments of partnership interests and promissory notes, probate pleadings and business formation documents.
Since joining Dysart Taylor as an associate, Ashley has expanded her practice to include construction law and litigation, insurance defense, and personal injury defense. Ashley has significant experience in legal research pertaining to probate, construction, and insurance. This helps her formulate strategies that lead to client success. Ashley also guides clients through estate planning, business formation, and litigation and dispute resolution for civil and probate matters.
Active in the legal community, Ashley is a member of the American Bar Association’s TIPS Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association’s Construction Law and Estate Planning Section, and the Missouri Bar Association. She is admitted to practice in the Western and Eastern Districts of Missouri. She earned a bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- Conducted legal research pertaining to tax implications on trusts, probate statutes in Missouri and Kansas, and Missouri business statutes.
- Drafted codicils, assignments of partnership interests and promissory notes, amended trusts, and filed amendments to articles of incorporation and bylaws.
- Reviewed and summarized estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law
- Estates & Trust Law Society, Member
- American Bar Association
- Negotiation Team
- Young Lawyers Division
- Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Kansas City Pet Project
- Volunteer, 2016-present
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
- Volunteer, 2017-2018
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2018
- University of Missouri Kansas City, B.A., 2012
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law – Dean’s List – 2017-2018
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law’s Law Review, Volume 87
- Technology Editor