“I use my experience in estate planning to meet my clients’ needs and to have a discussion about the options on how to best transfer their assets in the most efficient, protective, and effective way as well as to make the burden and process on their surviving family members as low and simple as possible.”
With a combination of estate planning and trusts & estates administration experience, B.I. Howard advises individuals of all sizes throughout the planning and distribution processes.
B.I. uses this experience to help clients navigate the complex web of estate planning documents, including revocable and irrevocable trusts, marital trusts, powers of attorney and wills. He also handles developing various types of estate plans and the distribution of assets, as needed. He has experience distributing a wide variety of assets, ranging from simple probate estates to complex trust administrations involving a wide range of assets including ownership in businesses, financial accounts and real estate.
Prior to joining the firm, B.I. served as an estate planning attorney at one of the largest law firms in southeast Missouri. While there, he gained experience by managing trust & estate administration for clients of all sizes. He also has experience assisting entrepreneurs as they launched small businesses, including drafting and filing articles of incorporation and articles of organization with secretaries of state; and drafting operating agreements, bylaws and shareholder agreements. In addition to his private practice, B.I. also served as a clerk at the Cape Girardeau County Prosecutor’s Office.
B.I. is licensed in both Missouri and Kansas.
- Represented family members in a complex trust administration involving multiple high-net worth corporations and partnerships involving agricultural land being distributed to multiple generations of a family.
- Assisted a family with a complex probate distribution involving over 20 heirs living all over the country dealing with life estate ground set aside for the spouse who survived her husband by more than two decades and the original order of distribution contained errors not conforming with the will of the deceased husband.
- Represented a client in estate planning issues and drafted a simple will in order to transfer his assets to his spouse and children in the manner he deemed necessary and also advised him on transfer on death beneficiary designations to avoid the probate process.
- Assisted clients in setting up a revocable trust to avoid probate and to protect assets for their children until they reached an age the clients deemed necessary.
- Organized and formed a limited liability company for a client to perform consulting work for companies implementing new software for their employees’ use.
- The Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- University of Missouri School of Law, J.D., 2017
- University of Missouri, B.S., Parks, Recreation and Sport, emphasis on sports management, minor in business, 2014
- Cali Award Deal Skills, Spring 2017
- 1L Moot Court Finalist