“Chris always provides my family and my business excellent, practical advice. I look forward to working with him for many years.”
With more than 40 years of experience, Chris Anderson prides himself on his ability to help businesses of all sizes strategically accomplish their goals.
Chris’ practice focuses on helping clients navigate estate planning, taxation and corporate matters. He works closely with family-owned businesses across multiple industries and levels of development to ensure they minimize risk and taxes, while planning for future growth. Businesses look to Chris during succession planning to anticipate changes and position themselves for future success by maintaining wealth.
In addition to his estate planning work, Chris oversees real estate projects by assisting with sales, purchases, traditional financing and leases.
- Represented closely-held family businesses of all sizes and development levels across multiple industries.
- Served as outside general counsel for family businesses for decades.
- Handled estate planning, trusts, and business succession planning.
- Oversaw real estate processes and transactions.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium
- Member, 1995 to present
- Chairman, 2004
- Johnson County Library Foundation
- Board of Directors, 2016 – present
- City of Mission Hills, Kansas
- Council Member, 2003 to 2011
- Mission Hills Planning Commission
- Member, 1993 to 2003; 2011 to present
- Chairman, 2015 to present
- Diastole – Hospital Hill, Inc.
- Board Member
- Country Club Congregational Church
- Board of Trustees
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D. with highest distinction, 1975
- Grinnell College, B.S., 1972
- Best Lawyers – 2016
- Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Lawyer® – 2013 to present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Trust & Estates – 2005 to present
- Selected for inclusion in the Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers list from 2014 – present
SEMINARS / PUBLICATIONS
- “The Practical Guide to Probate and Estate Administration,” UMKC School of Law Continuing Legal Education, 2016
- “Trusts v. Wills, Revocable/Irrevocable Trusts, Selection of Trustee,” Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium, 2015