NEWS & EVENTS
Brumitt, Buffo, and Boe to Deliver Construction Law CLE
Lee Brumitt, Dave Buffo, and Leslie Boe will deliver a CLE on Construction Law through the National Business Institute entitled, “Construction Law From Start to Finish” on Monday, May 14 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Holiday Inn at 8787 Reeder Road in Overland Park, KS.
Walk Through the Basics of Construction Law
Whether you are new to the construction practice or are looking for a comprehensive refresher, this course will cover multiple issues that must be taken into consideration in the realm of construction law. Join our experienced faculty as they cover a broad, basic overview of the construction process; the fundamentals of construction contracts and key provisions; the basics of insurance; and the impact changes and delays can have on a construction project. Don’t miss this opportunity to build your skills in construction law – register today!
- Learn the roles of all parties involved in the construction process.
- Discuss the critical elements that need to be included in comprehensive construction contracts.
- Discuss how mechanic’s liens work and how to properly file a lien.
- Walk through the fundamentals of insurance and its importance in construction.
- Learn how delays can impact a construction project and how to work through them if they arise.
- Run through the claims process in construction cases.
Who Should Attend
This basic level program is designed for:
- Construction Professionals
- Overview of the Construction Process
- Construction Contracts
- Mechanic’s/Construction Liens and Payment Issues
- Insurance Basics for the Construction Attorney
- Changes and Delays in Construction Projects
- Ethics for Construction Attorneys
- Construction Lawsuit Basics
Continuing Education Credit:
Continuing Legal Education
Credit Hrs State
CLE 7.00 – KS*
CLE 7.20 – MO*
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.60
* denotes specialty credits
Click here to register now.