Leslie is a problem-solver who uses her expertise to partner with clients, educating them and developing comprehensive solutions to help achieve their business objectives.
For nearly two decades, Leslie has advised a wide variety of clients in the construction industry, including owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers. Leslie’s practice primarily focuses on construction law, including contract preparation, claims (private and government contract), payment bond claims and mechanic’s lien claims. She also assists clients with a variety of corporate matters, including entity formation, acquisition, and sales.
Leslie has significant experience in all forms of dispute resolution, both mediation and arbitration, as well as bench and jury trials in both state and federal courts. Leslie also represents government contractors in bid protests at all levels and jurisdictions – agency, GAO, and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, as well as state and municipal protests – and provides assistance and representation when her government contractor clients need to submit claims or requests for equitable adjustments.
Prior to joining Dysart Taylor, Leslie operated her own law firm for almost a decade. This gave her a unique understanding of the challenges and complexities that private and family business owners face.
- Representation of contractors, suppliers, owners and licensed professionals in all aspects of construction litigation from collection matters to complex construction claims including impact, delay and labor inefficiency claims.
- Extensive experience with prosecution and defense of mechanic’s liens and surety bond claims.
- Well versed in construction contracts: drafting, revising and negotiating.
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of Missouri – Kansas City Women’s Council
- Board of Directors, 2018-present
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Construction Lawyers Society of America
- William Jewell College Career Mentor Program
- Commission Member, 2009-present
- University of Missouri School of Law, J.D., 2001
- William Jewell College, B.A. in History and Political Science
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2014-2018, Top 50 Women Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2018
SEMINARS / PUBLICATIONS
- “Construction Law From Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, May 2018