Leslie A. Boe
email@example.com Legal Assistant: Arleen Slayman
“The peace of mind knowing someone has your back through thick and thin makes a huge difference in our perspective of an attorney. For that reason, Leslie isn’t just our attorney; she is our friend who knows our business inside and out. She is a part of our team and we appreciate all that she has done and will do for us in the future.”
Leslie is a problem-solver who uses her expertise to partner with clients, educating them and developing comprehensive solutions to help achieve their business objectives.
For nearly two decades, Leslie has advised a wide variety of clients in the construction industry, including owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers. Leslie’s practice primarily focuses on construction law, including contract preparation, claims (private and government contract) and mechanic’s lien claims. She also assists clients with a variety of corporate matters, including entity formation, acquisition, and sales.
Leslie has significant experience in all forms of dispute resolution – mediation and arbitration – as well as jury trials in both state and federal courts. Leslie also represents government contractors in bid protests at all levels and jurisdictions – agency, GAO, and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, as well as state and municipal protests – and provides assistance and representation when her government contractor clients need to submit claims or requests for equitable adjustments.
Prior to joining Dysart Taylor, Leslie operated her own law firm for almost a decade. This gave her a unique understanding of the challenges and complexities that private and family business owners face.
- Representation of contractors, suppliers, owners and licensed professionals in all aspects of construction litigation from collection matters to complex construction claims including impact, delay and labor inefficiency claims.
- Extensive experience with prosecution and defense of mechanic’s liens and surety bond claims.
- Well versed in construction contracts: drafting, revising and negotiating.
- The Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of Missouri – Kansas City Women’s Council
- President, 2021
- President-Elect, 2020
- Programming Committee Chair, 2020
- Board of Directors, 2018-present
- National Association of Women in Construction
- William Jewell College Career Mentor Program
- Commission Member, 2009-present
- Connections to Success, Board of Directors, 2020
- Volunteer Attorney Program, 2019
- University of Missouri School of Law, J.D., 2001
- William Jewell College, B.A., History and Political Science
- Construction Lawyers Society of America, Fellow
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2014-present
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2023
- Top 50 Women Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2018
SEMINARS / PUBLICATIONS
- “Project Management Teams Must Be Trained to Properly Document Projects,” Construction Executive, May 2020
- “Changes to Discovery Rules Offer Clarity to Litigators,” Missouri Lawyers Weekly, December 2019
- “Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law – Kansas and Missouri,” Wolters Kluwer, 2018-present
- “Construction Law Boot Camp,” National Business Institute, June 2019
- “Construction Contracts and Payment Issues,” National Business Institute, July 2019
- “A Practical Guide to Mechanic’s Liens”, National Business Institute, June 2008
- “Construction Law From Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, May 2018
Copyright © 2019, Dysart Taylor.
All Rights Reserved.