H. Joseph Price, Jr. - Shareholder/Director
Joe is licensed to practice in Missouri and Kansas.
Joe's practice includes an emphasis in estate planning, tax planning, business planning and asset protection.
He was an associate with Dysart Taylor from 1978 to 1980 and has since served in leadership positions at several large law firms where his responsibilities included managing their estate planning and tax law departments. Most recently, Joe was the executive vice president of a large firm which specialized in life insurance for estate planning and asset preservation purposes.
- Represented several clients in significant lifetime giving transactions.
- Advised clients in life insurance for estate planning and asset preservation purposes.
- Represented several clients and/or assisted in the resolution of trust or estate disputes.
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), 2003 – present
- President, Estate Planning Society of Kansas City, 2014 – 2015
- Chairman and Moderator, Recent Developments in Federal Taxes, 2010 – present
- Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium
- Chairman, 2005
- Chairman, Exhibitors & Underwriter Committee, 2009-present
- Member, Program Committee, 1998-present
- Adjunct Professor, UMKC School of Law, 1998–present
- Member, Heart of America Tax Institute, 1986 – 1996
- Institute Co-Chairman – 1992
- "Why an LLC Might Not be Right for Your Business," Thinking Bigger Business Media, Jan. 2016
- "Investing in Real Estate: Tax Considerations from Reagan to Now," Thinking BIgger Business Media, Jan. 2016
- “Covering Your Assets: A Primer on Asset Protection,” USLAW NETWORK Magazine, Sept. 2015
- “Four Dangers of Do-It-Yourself Legal Counsel,” Thinking Bigger Business Media, Sept. 2015
- “Putting the Increased Estate Tax Exemption to Work,” ALI-ABA Probate & Property, May/June 2012
- “Selecting the Right Fringe Benefit Plan for the Closely-Held Business,” Missouri Business Law Quarterly, Summer 1998
- "Issues and Considerations Regarding Using Trust vs. Wills; Importance of Trustee Selection," Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium Fundamentals seminar, 2017
- “The Ever-Expanding Role of IRAs and Qualified Retirement Plans in the Estate Planning Process,” Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium Fundamentals seminar, 2013-2014
- “Anatomy of Life Insurance Policies and Annuities” ACTEC Heart of America Regional Meeting, May 2013
- “When the Model Rules Collide with Real World Behavior,” 34th Annual Recent Developments in Federal Taxes seminar, Kansas City, MO, February 2013
- “The Multi-Generation IRA,” The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA, June 1999
- “The Uses of Life Insurance with Pass-Through Entities,” ALI-ABA, 1995 – 1998
- “The Uses of Life Insurance with S Corporations,” ALI-ABA, 1993 – 1994