Forty-one years into his practice, Joe Price draws on decades of experience helping businesses and individuals plan for their future through estate planning, tax planning, business succession planning and wealth preservation.
Joe occupies a unique position in the Kansas City estate planning community. He is one of only five individuals who has been elected as a Fellow of the American College of Tax and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) and as an inductee into the Kansas City Estate Planning Society Hall of Fame.
Joe had the privilege of working with great mentors early in his career and has spent decades giving back to the community by serving as an adjunct professor at the UMKC School of Law and as Chairman of the Student Development Committee of the Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium which provides scholarships and internships to law students.
Joe has served in leadership positions at several large firms. His experiences and responsibilities included managing estate planning and tax law departments. Additionally, he was the executive vice president of BryanMark Financial Group, the Saint Louis office of the M Financial Group which specialized in estate planning and asset preservation purposes.
- Represented several clients in significant lifetime giving transactions.
- Advised clients in life insurance for estate planning and asset preservation purposes.
- Represented several clients and/or assisted in the resolution of trust or estate disputes.
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), 2003 – present
- President, Estate Planning Society of Kansas City, 2014 – 2015
- Chairman and Moderator, Recent Developments in Federal Taxes, 2010 – present
- Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium
- Chairman, 2005
- Chairman, Exhibitors & Underwriter Committee, 2009-present
- Member, Program Committee, 1998-present
- Adjunct Professor, UMKC School of Law, 1998–present
- Member, Heart of America Tax Institute, 1986 – 1996
- Boalt School of Law, University of California – Berkeley, J.D., 1978
- University of Kansas, B.A. with distinction, 1975
- Inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Estate Planning Society of Kansas City, 2018
- Selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2017-2018
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- “Issues and Considerations Regarding Using Trust vs. Wills; Importance of Trustee Selection,” Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium Fundamentals seminar, 2017
- “The Ever-Expanding Role of IRAs and Qualified Retirement Plans in the Estate Planning Process,” Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium Fundamentals seminar, 2013-2014
- “Anatomy of Life Insurance Policies and Annuities” ACTEC Heart of America Regional Meeting, May 2013
- “When the Model Rules Collide with Real World Behavior,” 34th Annual Recent Developments in Federal Taxes seminar, Kansas City, MO, February 2013
- “The Multi-Generation IRA,” The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA, June 1999
- “The Uses of Life Insurance with Pass-Through Entities,” ALI-ABA, 1995 – 1998
- “The Uses of Life Insurance with S Corporations,” ALI-ABA, 1993 – 1994
- “Why an LLC Might Not be Right for Your Business,” Thinking Bigger Business Media, Jan. 2016
- “Investing in Real Estate: Tax Considerations from Reagan to Now,”Thinking BIgger Business Media, Jan. 2016
- “Covering Your Assets: A Primer on Asset Protection,” USLAW NETWORK Magazine, Sept. 2015
- “Four Dangers of Do-It-Yourself Legal Counsel,” Thinking Bigger Business Media, Sept. 2015
- “Putting the Increased Estate Tax Exemption to Work,” ALI-ABA Probate & Property, May/June 2012
- “Selecting the Right Fringe Benefit Plan for the Closely-Held Business,” Missouri Business Law Quarterly, Summer 1998