Patrick K. McMonigle - President
Pat is licensed to practice in Missouri and Kansas.
Pat is an experienced trial attorney who has successfully litigated a wide spectrum of civil disputes in both the state and federal court systems involving the truck transportation, construction, real estate and insurance industries. He also serves as business and litigation counsel to clients in employment, fraud, business organization, and transactional matters, among others. Pat offers regional casualty and safety counsel to a substantial number of the most successful transportation companies in the U.S. He was involved in many major regulatory cases involving the truck transportation industry during the deregulation of trucking.
- Represented a major developer in a commercial lending claim which resulted in a $5.1 million verdict against one of the largest publicly traded companies in the U.S. Pat obtained one of the ten largest verdicts in the state of Missouri in the year 2000. This verdict was believed to be the largest verdict ever awarded by a Saline County, MO jury.
- Lead trial counsel for a major interstate trucking company in a landmark case involving a runaway negligent commercial truck driver. The negligent driver’s reckless actions caused the death of another truck driver and an innocent driver of a passenger vehicle. The runaway truck driver and his employer were identified through utilization of satellite communications records. The records showed the responsible driver’s logs to be grossly altered and false. The driver and his employer were successfully prosecuted in a civil case.
- Engaged in civil fraud investigations prosecutions which recovered millions of dollars for innocent victims. Pat has uncovered and exposed fraudulent insurance claims in the motion picture industry involving multiple claims for the same losses.
- Assisted local communities with matters ranging from water rights to police protection. The positive results obtained have brought about significant developments in local government law.
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- President, 2011-2012
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Insurance Committee
- Tort and Transportation Law Committee, Vice Chair
- Past Chair
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- USLAW Compendiums of Law – Transportation, 2016
- Speaker at numerous international and regional conferences and webinars for the Transportation Lawyers Association and the Transportation Law Institute
- “Mediation Preparation and Techniques,” Arkansas Trucking Conference, 2008
- “Mediation Techniques,“ American Arbitration Association webinar, 2007
- Numerous presentations to transportation industry groups