Christopher J. Anderson - Of Counsel
Chris is admitted to practice in Missouri and Kansas.
Chris’ practice focuses on estate planning, taxation, and corporate matters for family-owned businesses of all sizes and across multiple industries. The businesses he serves include well-established companies as well as startups. He often serves as outside general counsel for his clients and assists in strategic planning to minimize risk and taxes as well as to plan for future growth. He also focuses on business succession planning to help family businesses anticipate changes and position themselves for long-term success and to maintain wealth for generations. In addition, Chris oversees real estate projects to assist with sales, purchases, traditional financing, and leases.
- Represented closely-held family businesses of all sizes and development levels across multiple industries.
- Served as outside general counsel for family businesses for decades.
- Handled estate planning, trusts, and business succession planning.
- Oversaw real estate processes and transactions.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium
- Member, 1995 to present
- Chairman, 2004
- Johnson County Library Foundation
- Board of Directors, 2016 - present
- City of Mission Hills, Kansas
- Council Member, 2003 to 2011
- Mission Hills Planning Commission
- Member, 1993 to 2003; 2011 to present
- Chairman, 2015 to present
- Diastole – Hospital Hill, Inc.
- Board Member
- Country Club Congregational Church
- Board of Trustees
- “The Practical Guide to Probate and Estate Administration,” UMKC School of Law Continuing Legal Education, 2016
- “Trusts v. Wills, Revocable/Irrevocable Trusts, Selection of Trustee,” Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium, 2015