Dysart Taylor’s employment attorneys help large and small employers navigate the multitude of workplace laws and regulations. Our employment law attorneys are experienced in employment litigation, employment advice and training, and third-party investigations and audits.
With the commitment to provide results-oriented litigation and dispute resolution services, we aggressively defend claims and lawsuits when they occur. Our attorneys have extensive experience representing clients before administrative agencies and courts for claims involving wrongful termination, class and collective actions, state and federal equal pay acts, retaliation and whistleblower claims, workplace-related torts, noncompetition agreements, sexual and other harassment claims, and breach of employment agreements.
In addition, we have significant experience representing clients for claims involving:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
- Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act of 1866 (Section 1981)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1971 (OSHA)
- Missouri Human Rights Act (MHRA)
- Kansas Act Against Discrimination (KAAD)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state-level wage & hour laws
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN Act)
Advice and training
We want to help you minimize the risk of burdensome employment claims before they happen. Our experienced employment law attorneys provide advice and training for employers, including creating and updating employee handbooks and company policies, equal employment opportunity policies training, and advising employers on legally compliant discipline and termination decisions, employee benefits issues, workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation. We provide day-to-day advice on tasks like hiring, performance evaluations, compensation decisions and employee development, as well as reductions in force and corporate reorganizations, including disparate impact analyses, WARN Act issues, severance agreements and group exit plans and releases, employee communication strategies, and outplacement assistance.
Third-party investigations and audits
Dysart Taylor’s attorneys provide real-world insight when investigating sensitive workplace complaints of harassment, discrimination, retaliation or other misconduct. We perform fact-finding investigations and make objective written findings and recommendations. Our attorneys assess legal risk and offer solutions to issues discovered during the investigation. We also audit clients’ legal compliance in interviewing and hiring practices, EEO practices, recordkeeping, completion and retention of I-9s, OSHA logs, and DOT compliance and drivers’ logs. Our team reviews jobs to ensure proper classification of employees as exempt or nonexempt, and evaluates timekeeping and payroll practices for compliance with state and federal laws.
For more information, contact Anne Baggott.